If you are a busy professional who knows that your job—and your career—depend on being able to communicate clearly and concisely, with confidence and credibility, then this user-friendly, engaging course is for you!
I created this practical Udemy course for anyone who wants to have more impact and influence at work — and in life. And becoming a more effective communicator is the way to do that. I have been teaching and coaching on communication and presentation skills for over three decades, across industries and around the world, including Fortune 50 companies, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and Ivy League academic institutions. This course represents my most requested, most tested, and most well-reviewed tips, tools, and techniques that I use with my clients.
You’ll learn how to :
- Have conversations with difficult people while keeping your cool
- Give effective feedback that people can hear — without defensiveness
- Ask for the feedback you need to do your job more successfully
- Present your ideas more persuasively
- Think on your feet in any situation
- Demonstrate leadership presence (whether you see yourself as a leader or not)
- Apply emotionally intelligent strategies to challenging conversations and situations
- Manage up, down, and across your organization to have greater impact and influence
- Speak to audiences of any size and in any situation with less anxiety
From Presentation Skills modules like Stop Beginning Your Speeches with ‘Good Morning and Thank You’ and Start With This Instead (2 minutes and 30 seconds) and Navigating Conflict and Tricky Conversation modules like What to Say To Someone Who Just Got Bad News at Work (one minute and 30 seconds) to Communicating with Impact and Influence modules like 3 Strategies to Improve Your Elevator Pitch (2 minutes) and Giving and Receiving Effective Feedback modules like What to Do When Your Employee Doesn’t Take Feedback (3 minutes), you’ll quickly gain the confidence and competence to say what you need to say, when you need to say it.
This course is fast-paced and fun (yes, really!), and you’ll get the best of the best from my years of experience teaching and coaching busy professionals at all levels, my commitment to using research-based strategies from psychology, neuroscience, behavioral economics, etc., my personal experience as a parent of twins (talk about conflict!); as well as a taste of my background in stand-up and improvisational comedy.
What are you waiting for? (You could already have learned 3 new skills in the time it took you to read this!) Join thousands of other busy professionals like yourself and give yourself a competitive, communicative edge to help you advance in your job and career.